Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot
Woah man, really awesome stuff you got going on here!

I really dig the simple yet effective values you're using for the enviros. Really nice contrast and color comps too. And to be new to photobashing you manage yourself very well, there's nothing that stands out as a copy-paste so it's coming along ok.

The piece with the guys in an alley is a really good idea and conveys a good mood too. I only have too crits about it:

a): I don't know if the guy with the hood is supossed to be super tall, but if he's not then you have a wrong perspective, the cop/whatever standing in front of him should be , either as tall as him or taller to follow the vanishing point, unless he's some kind of midget. Also the guys in the foreground are too small, we should be seeing their head "cut by the frame" and the shoulders should be close to the end, I understand you did this to avoid a tangent. The quickest solution would be to get the guy with the hood to be shorter , at the same level than the cop he's facing or so should do the trick.

b) This one is more a nitpick than anything but here we go: the hooded guy would be better with his face more difuminated so to speak, the one painted right now isn't too strong, and it kills a bit the overall power of the piece ( not much, the piece is really awesome still), so I feel that fixing a bit the proportions and making the side of his face in shadow be more lost into it would add to the mood of the piece.

Overall REALLY AWESOME stuff, I'm diging your works a lot man, keep posting more gorgeous stuff please!

SB

Messages In This Thread
Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Olof - 08-24-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Olof - 08-27-2014, 03:35 AM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Olof - 08-28-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Amaral - 08-27-2014, 05:35 AM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Olof - 08-28-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Olof - 09-17-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Suira - 08-28-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Olof - 10-01-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Olof - 10-05-2014, 11:41 AM
RE: Olof's sketchbook. Squareroot - by Olof - 10-28-2014, 06:58 AM