Dasia's Sketchbook- because university isn't tough enough
Smile 
I haven't posted here in FOREVER. To be honest, i'm posting more on my tumblr over at:
Dasia Doodles

So for now, just a little update. When 2015 rolled in, i took the sketch a day challenge, and you can find those there in the #sketch a day tag. It's been going very well so far :) In addition, school has been picking up a bit, ESPECIALLY with this paint class i'm taking now. I don't need the class, but wanted to take it because i want to learn how to paint (aswell as pick up some things about color here and there) and at first i was a bit annoyed because of how expensive everything was.
But this class truly has been indispensable. I'd never oil painted before this semester. So the fact that my third ever painting looks like this makes me a bit proud Blushing
http://dasiadoodles.tumblr.com/image/113716786018

And you know, i never realized LITTLE i knew about color in general Shock So last night i did some back to basic color study (because i didn't even have a good idea of all of the types of harmonies/schemes)
[Image: tumblr_nlg52qiiCL1tyn6lmo1_1280.png]

It was surprisingly fun to spend 3-4 hours on this, and i learned a hell of a lot. But then again, mixing actual oil paint is strangely relaxing too so I can't really be surprised can I?
I want to learn more about handling color and lighting so I can break myself from this "Photoshop mentality" that has me substituting knowledge with overlays and layer settings..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dasia's Sketchbook- because university isn't tough enough - by dmdoodles - 03-20-2015, 03:05 AM