Letting your Dreams do the Work for you!
Well not the studying part... The creative part! People occasionally tell me i have strange or unusual ideas. That's because a lot of the time, i take influence from my dreams. So if you want to break out of the old elf or sci fi soldier circle, here's a possible solution.

Dream Journal: Something by your bed to write down your dreams, no matter how mundane or strange they may be. Write down EVERYTHING you remember, no not like an essay, but just a word or two to jot the memory of the dream. That's a minimum, doing more will help train dream recall even faster.

Dream recall: This is the ability (Skill) to remember dreams. People who make the effort to remember more dreams, through activities like taking notes, will naturally remember them easier. Over time, since the content of dreams are irregular and spontaneous, (and in this field of art that is a good thing) you will inevitably come across some interesting ideas!

Lucid dreaming: Training dream recall will increase your likeliness to have lucid dreams. These are where you awaken inside your dream and can experience whatever you can imagine! Of course, that is an entirely different topic, but the things that worked for me the best were reality checks, writing A's on the hands, and spinning.

If you're interested in lucid dreaming, that information is surprisingly easy to find and all the websites on it say essentially the same things, so just a search away!

I once even had an idea of making a thread to record my dreams just to see if it could inspire others with the other worldly things that happen. Eventually it seemed like too much work and some things were very personal, so i didn't, so that's why i'm making this thread. Crimson Daggers! Do it yourself!

P.S. I don't want all my dreams to come true >.>

Attached Files Image(s)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]

Messages In This Thread
Letting your Dreams do the Work for you! - by Fedodika - 10-19-2014, 01:14 AM