sam's sketchbook - a road to improvement?
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Bookend, yeah I should probably try to push my things further : )

thank you patrick, feels good to be here! Yes I feel very exposed posting, especially with such great artists on this site. Ah yes, regarding the shadows being filled with color, I havent quite taken that information to heart yet. I very recently started to do master colored studies, and it kinda blew my mind how much color they use in the shadows, truly eye opening. I will have to keep that in mind : ) I think I would prefer to work with color straight away, but I also feel I am not good enought with colors atm, I tend to loose the values, or end up using only one color basically. Then again working with b/w can give a quick nice read to see if works i think? I guess I should use a color palette when i start on a new picture, I am not really well versed in this area.

pindurski, I think we are still at war me and color, but we are working towards a truce. Oh you are so right, I hope I will learn this with time, I should explore that more, throwing different colors into the mix.

I started drawing an orange on my desk, and for some reason i didn't work out, so I ended up doing this kinda quick draw of fedor emelianenko. The phantom of the opera is something i did a bit over a month ago, when I had first tried out a few color master studies and learned a little about colors, before this my coloring was a trainwreck, now i feel they are geting at least, passable but there is still a lot to work on. I'll stop rambling now, and thanks for the feedback!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: sam's sketchbook - a road to improvement? - by astute-fool - 12-16-2014, 11:05 AM