I wish to stop lying
(12-20-2014, 11:59 AM)Misticblair Wrote: Thanks for reply mate ! I know it's crazy being on fb more than 20 minutes ( I can chat in there for 2 hours talking some s****t really, that's why I want to change it, that's why I need to break it!)
Playing is okey I know but I lost my last 4 years to games - I'm not looking for understanding when I say 'hey I'm addicted to games' someone can think that 'oh probably he plays 4-5 hours per day it's not addiction' well,no. I can play for 16 hours per day and eat only one meal daily - that is a HUGE problem, I say that 'I can' cause it's really rare and extreme situations!!
Anyhow... Thanks for your advices I'm gonna try to do some live sketching even tho I hate to go outside honestly, It's because I don't like to be surrounded by all this 'crowd' I feel very uncomfortable, but it's all about changing my life and improve it so yeah ! :D

If anyone wants to say something more, please do it, cause I guess that I need real 'spark' to my brain to finally start working on myself !

Hey man I used to play World of Warcraft none stop for my first year of college. Nearly ruined my life getting that dang PVP gear. Competition between the people with no life to get fake shit in a game...........anyway from my experience I would just quit games in general or find a video game that you can play for about 30 minutes a day and quit playing for most of the day. For me that video game was Warcraft 3 instead of World of Warcraft. Then It became starcraft 2, and now its been league of legends for the past 4 years. I only play about 1 match a day and I am done. But the most important decision is to live for your art, learn to invest all that brain power and thinking into what your doing in your artwork and not what your going to do next when you start playing games again. You gotta think about your art like it is your best video game you have ever played and can't wait to play it all day.

Personal experience of mine to you. If you want to know how much of a difference it made for me go to my website www.randytoroni.com. My progress in art only started really after I quit WOW and did nothing but artwork and was totally serious about it, all my thoughts were about progressing as an artist. I only wasted 1 year of my life playing games and I quit alltogether, I say personally you should exile yourself from games/facebook/any distractions for several years until your at a comfortable level. Although you can watch movies that inspire you as you work, I used to play princess mononoke over and over and over again for inspiration while I would draw, oh and lord of the rings and star wars too :P.

My progress in one picture http://www.randytoroni.com/uploads/1/7/3...07.jpg?954

Messages In This Thread
I wish to stop lying - by Misticblair - 12-19-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: I wish to stop lying - by Bookend - 12-20-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: I wish to stop lying - by Misticblair - 12-20-2014, 11:59 AM
RE: I wish to stop lying - by Ryonok - 12-23-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: I wish to stop lying - by Chris P - 12-20-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: I wish to stop lying - by JyonnyNovice - 12-23-2014, 07:59 PM