What do you guys think?
Actually, in opposition to the Koala's view, I actually kinda like your image as a base.

It is heavily stylised, so 100% percent accurate anatomy is not a necessity. There are some things related to the believability of her motion and her general hip area seems the worst off (it is squished and looking a tad awkward). Mostly I think it comes to defining light sources and the forms a bit better.

While you are going for stylistic theme, you are actually using quite a realistic lighting scheme and so there are small inconsistencies with lighting as Fedo mentioned. To me it seems obvious the lighting is from a light above them, and the bright surface is just a reflective wall. I agree with Fedo, that the wall probably takes a bit too much attention. Maybe really looking at the light as overhead fluouros or a single bulb would help nail that? Look up ref to help inform that.

I don't agree with pushing the extreme warm v cold and overly bounced lighitng scheme Fedo used. It seems a bit heavy handed given what you are going for. Not putting down his efforts! Just my view, so take as you wish. I would be more tempted to push this in a stylised forms, but realistic lighting setup. Ref will really help you nail shadow fall offs for a down light situation. Also really pay attention to forms and shadow vs light values to get this to work. Perhaps do some studies to see what makes this tick. I also recommend adding some colour vibrancy to the scheme if you want it to pop in a more realistic way. Vibrancy is basically opposing hues placed right next to each other in subtle ways often. This creates a juxtaposition of the two colours in people's eyes on a subliminal level and something more akin to the way our eyes percieve real life. Check out Stapleton Kearn's blog posts on colour vibrancy. Link is 1 of 3. Lots of useful-as shit on his blog btw: lots of aha moments for me:
http://stapletonkearns.blogspot.co.nz/20...ation.html

Lastly adding some additional context to the piece would help. Papers flying and lying on the desk, pens, maybe cuffs on her opened up, a garbage bin , etc.

Hope that helps

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
What do you guys think? - by pandaladie - 01-02-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: What do you guys think? - by Fedodika - 02-17-2015, 06:02 AM
RE: What do you guys think? - by Amit Dutta - 02-17-2015, 10:27 PM