Stuff Morie Draws
HELLO DAGGERS!!
and welcome to my sketchbook

so the new year has come, people come up with their new year's resolution, so have i.
the thing is, i really want to improve, but it requires a lot of work and discipline. sadly i didn't realize it until the last quarter of the last year. i really feel so angry with myself when i think of how much time i had wasted on nothing! well, at least not proper studies but personal works, fanarts and doodles. and i can only blame myself for that, and my bad time management skills. how do you cope with that? maybe i could use some good tips.

it's not that i'm a very beginner in the world of art, i've just been doing it for fun or my own satisfaction, and needs. but not a long time ago, i just said to myself "STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS! you want to get a dream job, work to earn it!" and then i look at the amount of things i want to master, and my head starts to ache ;<
i kinda feel lost. don't know where i should start. i know that my understanding of basics is incomplete, hence i try to fix that, swallowing every book and tutorial i can stumble upon. still i see only a very small improvement. maybe i need some more time to see the real difference and development.

i would like to hear from you, what was your way of developing your skills? what really helped you in becoming a better and more skilled artist?

there's also the matter of style. sometimes i like the cartoony things i draw, and on the other days they just look so bad, that i hate them and hate the style i can't get rid of. well, this kinda casts shadow on all of my artworks.

so to summarize my rant, things i want to learn or improve this year

MY "TO DO" LIST:
  • reinforce basics
  • learn human and animal anatomy
  • learn and master values
  • improve my creativity
  • learn all about the perspective (and finally master this damn thing ;p)
  • paint enviros (even if they will be really bad)
  • learn about composition
  • learn about visual storytelling
  • learn about colors
  • learn basics of zbrush and sketchup

and so to show some of my recent artworks, to let you get the grip on the skillset i already have
(i'm sorry for the watermarks, but i'm kinda paranoid on the copyrights matter ;p)

[Image: air_by_admacart-d7umu3e.png]

[Image: quizzie_by_admacart-d7xyb99.png]

[Image: untitled_1_by_admacart-d84fbua.png]

[Image: cole_by_admacart-d7xmf4p.png]

[Image: rescueda_by_admacart-d89prc6.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Stuff Morie Draws - by morie - 01-05-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: Stuff Morie Draws - by Adam Lina - 01-05-2015, 02:44 AM
RE: Stuff Morie Draws - by astute-fool - 01-05-2015, 06:48 AM
RE: Stuff Morie Draws - by morie - 01-05-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: Stuff Morie Draws - by morie - 01-07-2015, 10:14 AM