Beam me up!
Hi everyone!

My name is Karolina, I recently had the obvious realisation that I was always meant to be an artist (at 32). It's a confronting realisation, from both a regret at wasted time, and a 'what now?' perspective.

I've spent the last 10 or so years working in marketing, doing the odd bit of graphic design, and a few illustrations (I studied fashion design). It just feels like I've been orbiting the thing I actually really wanted to do, which was to make art!

I'm committed to doing it this time. I'm really interested in light and interactive art, although I'm starting with some painted studies exploring the concepts I'm interested in while I learn some of the technical things I need to make the kind of art I'm working towards.

I've also started a blog to explore ideas, keep me accountable, and help me connect with people. Not even close to properly set up, but there are a few blog posts and an about page so far, if you're curious! Www.karolinapartyka.com

Really keen to chat with people who chose the non-artschool route, and artists who combine interests in science/tech into their practice.

Keen to dive in!
X

Messages In This Thread
Beam me up! - by Karolinaofthesea - 03-10-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Beam me up! - by Amit Dutta - 03-10-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Beam me up! - by Karolinaofthesea - 03-10-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: Beam me up! - by Amit Dutta - 03-11-2015, 06:32 AM
RE: Beam me up! - by Karolinaofthesea - 03-11-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: Beam me up! - by Amit Dutta - 03-11-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Beam me up! - by Karolinaofthesea - 03-12-2015, 10:42 AM