Are art forums nearing extinction
Yep Martin, I agree with the pay it forward approach, because this is a motivation of total selflessness and it results in a positive propogation of a better way of living really.

I will however never agree that we must accept the way the world and society currently tells us is the correct way to live or that the status quo is something I just have to suck it up and participate in, because that's just the way it is.

That idea is so often said, that it has almost become unchallenged in itself, but it comes from such a sense of personal disempowerment, apathy and a lack of personal integrity, a power of the state or a system over the life force of people that I find it abhorrent.Abolition of Slavery and apartheid, the women's suffrage are positive changes that all came about as a result of going against status quo.

I'm not saying selfishness in art and in general life, and this cynical viewpoint on what drives the industry or community is like slavery, but in a way it is. We are told to go along with it, in fact we are bred and raised to go along with it and become cogs that fit into the system. I choose to not be a cog if I can help it. We all can. If you participate in the system, you are actually helping to keep it going.

Yeah I actually believe the world could be such that artists or any creatives don't have to sell themselves or their own integrity in order to surmount the noise of all the others, for the dollar, just to survive. Sounds crazy right? Well why the hell not? If resources are pooled together huge change can happen, but it requires acting selflessly, not selfishly. Most probably won't agree with this viewpoint, but then again I think most of us are still in a state of just accepting all our status quo, not just art stuff,unquestioningly.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Farvus - 06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Amit Dutta - 03-15-2015, 06:03 AM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by DK - 06-04-2015, 03:05 AM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Jeso - 06-04-2015, 07:21 AM