Are art forums nearing extinction
You may find it dismissive, but from what I've seen in more than a year of sitting in on counseling and psychological diagnostics with children of almost all ages, it simply is the truth that a large percentage of that age group has major issues with attention span & self-directed learning. They've simply been robbed of a lot of ways to practise those things! Everything is, in a twist of irony, almost too easy to use, too accessible, too quick and responsive. No brain work required! I've seen three-year-olds being raised with an ipad in their hands for playing. Makes me want to bash in the heads of the responsible parents (I don't of course ;) ).

I'm not saying that they "deserve it", that I think they have no potential, that every child is the same (obviously not the case) or that it's acceptable the way it is, I'm simply describing the status quo and connecting it to this decline we're seeing in forum usage. To me, the connection is obvious. Children/Teenagers/ young adults who have these problems don't like forums for the same reason they don't like books- not enough sensory input.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Farvus - 06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by DK - 06-04-2015, 03:05 AM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Jeso - 06-04-2015, 07:21 AM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by ReneAigner - 06-08-2015, 12:26 AM