Poll: Bring back the "like" button on the forums?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, bring back the "like" button.
47.62%
10 47.62%
No, don't bring back the "like" button.
52.38%
11 52.38%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bring back the "like" button on the forums?
I absolutely agree with amit, the like button hasn't been here for two days and the comments from my user CP are just as scarce or infrequent as before. it feels really strange with it not being there and i know that if you say, write up a big crit for someone, not everyone is gonna fly in and say, hey good crit man. The likes take care of that if you want to know people read it; i mean ofcourse the rep works, but i feel less people are inclined to do it since it takes an extra step.

Comments are very awesome, but very very scarce on any art forum. Unless! you're very very good. It kinda feels unfair that you may only get scraps of feedback and maybe a juicy crit every couple of months, but people who are very good get like 8-10 comments between posts. But i haven't seen that since rafa stopped hanging around here as much. Even the best people here are lucky to get 3 or 4 comments between posts; achieving crazy awesome results. Its kinda hard to gauge things if just one person tells you they like your stuff, and that could be related to the like button but who knows!

Back on CA (2008ish) you could barely post once a week and get like 6 comments in between... man, i wished i coulda been around at that time. And i've never in my time on these seen a sketchbook that gets an entire page of comments between posts. Hell i don't even think there's a SB on here that gets over 80 pages. But if you think about it, this communities more private, much less traffic, so that's 50 some pages of just work and a few comments, and who knows whether we learn faster or slower than CA people.

There are some people on here who are really really really good and promising and i think, had they been on CA in like 2009, they would be superstars, but the opposite is true around here. We're just a smaller community, and we're all adults, there are barely any kids on here who don't take art very very seriously. I also think if there were just more people browsing this forum alot of those good people would get alot more jobs; But that's not within our control, nor was it the purpose of this forum.

It's very very motivating to see a post you made get 3 or more likes. It's also very motivating to get a comment so... Idk if we were all at the finer hours of our art journeys like dave or someone, it wouldn't really be an issue... but none of us are.

And if you really think about what i just wrote... It really isn't a big deal at all; it's just an outlet for encouragement or feedback on our artistic journeys, whether the like button is there or not

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring back the "like" button on the forums? - by Fedodika - 06-21-2015, 10:56 AM