Prince G's SB
Hey man, nice studies. So you can duplicate a photograph pretty well. Not perfect, but pretty well.
You probably know that photos tend to have really shitty lighting and exposure, and capture things very differently to our eyes, so what I am seeing is you duplicate this while simplifying, and while the images end up looking like the ref, if you just take the image as an illustration, the colours to me end up a bit flat. Weird how that works hey? We expect that in photos, but (depending on preference) it's not that useful for illustrations. Depends what your aim is as an artist I guess.

So perhaps a challenge if you want to do more photo studies is to amp up the challenge a bit more, and try and approach it as if it is a real world situation and imagine what your eyes would pick up that the camera doesn't. Perhaps also pick reference that aren't so high key, or studio lit and posed, but that are in more naturally lit situations; like that kicking girl. That way when you learn and apply you won't be applying and learning studio lighting.

And when you got time let's see what you can do with something other than photo studies. :) Still lifes, life drawing, anatomy stuff. And as cracked said, the imagination work is where you find the flaws to work on, so it would awesome to see some of those as well.

Welcome again.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Prince G's SB - by PrinceG - 07-24-2015, 08:17 AM
RE: Prince G's SB - by crackedskull - 07-24-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: Prince G's SB - by Amit Dutta - 07-24-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Prince G's SB - by PrinceG - 07-29-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: Prince G's SB - by PrinceG - 08-05-2015, 10:29 AM
RE: Prince G's SB - by Bookend - 08-06-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: Prince G's SB - by PrinceG - 04-06-2016, 02:23 PM