Wacom Cintiqs and Alternatives
So my views on Cintiq tablets have changed over the years. I used to own a Cintiq and I used it for maybe 2 years. Then I also got an Intuos5 as a backup/portable tablet and after I got used to it I realised that I really prefer tablets over screen displays.

Some of the differences where that I had a better view of my work with a tablet. I could sit further away from my screen (stops my eyes from hurting and my posture is a lot better) and my hand wasn't always covering a large portion of what I was drawing (compare this to traditional art where you work on a vertical surface and there is a distance between your hand and the edge of the charcoal/brush. You can't really do that with digital due to the way the pen is designed). Another thing that annoyed me with the Cintiq was that the surface you drew on was like 20-30 millimetres from the actual screen. This meant that it never felt like the tip of the pen was making the mark (even through I calibrated it all the time, I still couldn't get that traditional "feel")

Now these things are mostly a question of taste. Even through I'm not drawing on the "canvas", a tablet feels more traditional and natural for me. The drawback is that you have to ghost some lines when doing tight line drawings but that's something I do anyway.

If you have tried and like these kinds of screen displays, go for it. The better it feels the work, the easier it will be to work. I'd hope that you could try one out before spending a lot of money :)

Discord - JetJaguar#8954

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wacom Cintiqs and Alternatives - by Lodratio - 08-05-2015, 01:58 AM
RE: Wacom Cintiqs and Alternatives - by Tristan Berndt - 08-05-2015, 05:25 AM
RE: Wacom Cintiqs and Alternatives - by Adam Lina - 08-05-2015, 06:09 AM