do you consider yourself an Introvert?
I find there's a very confused perception on what being introverted and being antisocial means.

Introversion as its defined suggests an independence from what we would think 'normal' social interaction. Feeling drained or taxed by participating in such is expected in a physical and temperamental sense, but quite often I see people refer to it as though anxiety and mental imbalances are a prerequisite. The antisocial are very separatist, i.e. You're either a people person or you're not, and there's no out. Not to be confused with minor antisocial behaviour, i.e. an aversion to or dislike of social interaction. Basically there are quirks of personality that we as humans try to put a label on in order to have a place.

How this is relevant - Introversion involves your personality, which influences the manner in which you do things, but doesn't dictate it. I don't believe being an 'introvert' is any indicator for being reclusive or antisocial. Selective of what gains our attention and effort, yes, but not hinder or be any kind of disadvantage, no.

Taking time out to focus on an idea just makes sense.

Waiting until people are out and there is no distraction to do work is being organized.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida

Messages In This Thread
RE: do you consider yourself an Introvert? - by RottenPocket - 08-27-2015, 10:14 AM