do you consider yourself an Introvert?
For myself?

I've a smaller circle than anyone else, and many I don't see for months at a time. They're all people I respect and appreciate and find worth my time and energy. I don't put on airs or expect anything from them, so they know what I'm like. I'm their 'beautiful skeptic' as one has said :D.
Some friends are also artists, or art enthusiasts. Not in the same vein, mostly music and photography, so I don't have that same connection but there's an understanding. I can talk about it and exchange in ideas. If I've a good idea I let some know. If I'm struggling with something I talk about it. As I said, being introverted is not wrong or hard. It just means our circles are smaller and we take care who we truly connect with. Sometimes people act as siphons that just drain you emotionally and physically, and other conduits, to keep the energy going. I'd rather have a select few friends I'd do anything for than a mediocre acquaintance with many.

The trick - is finding people that aren't siphons. It does take some building and mostly time is a factor. But if you find anyone really causing you to lose interest in talking and building yourself than they're not that type of friend. That's not a bad thing, they might be the best friend as far as pizza and road trips are concerned.

I'm just saying it's different for everyone - but a good portion of everyone don't try to find their circle and instead infiltrate or wear a mask. I don't.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida

Messages In This Thread
RE: do you consider yourself an Introvert? - by RottenPocket - 08-28-2015, 04:43 AM