do you consider yourself an Introvert?
I'm pretty introverted, and a little messed up. Also grew up in a shut-in family that did not host friends or any outsiders in our home, nor had much outside contact much with other kids. Came down with depression and basically became a ghost for years.

Wanted to change that, and took some front line customer service jobs. It was like flaying myself alive everyday while a knife was held between my legs, but it would work for a few years in terms of getting me comfortable interacting with people, then something like unemployment will shatter that newly built self-confidence to dust. Then I had to do it again, and now it's sort of rebuilt, again.

It doesn't matter what you know or don't know, it only matters what you actually do about it and how much. And it really really sucks and hurts while you're undergoing changes.

The only way to keep going is to keep your eyes on the prize. My prize was, "I don't want to mess up when I get a chance to talk to industry pros while attending Spectrum Live in May, like I messed up that other conference last year.", among another. You're going to need an explicit prize you actually want, like registering for a convention on purpose, so you push yourself over the point of no return in a way.

Focus.

Messages In This Thread
RE: do you consider yourself an Introvert? - by meat - 08-29-2015, 01:40 PM