Chan's sketchbook
Hey iamorim, I really appreciate it man.

There are so many things that I've yet to try, like landscapes for example. I've just been sticking to my comfort zone which is portraits, and they're still no where near how i'd like them to be. I've only recently started doing still lives and master studies and I feel like I'm finally learning, and now i need to apply those studies to draw from imagination more.

I recently brought one of Dave Rapoza's tutorials on Gumroad and he had an extra video that really resonated with me and prompted me to change the way I approached my studying. I'm really shit at articulating things in text so here's a link to that same video that Dave kindly uploaded on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4tttsdhn8o

Anyways, thanks for checking my sketchbook :)

Here's some work I did recently:

Another Sargent study:

Hand studies from 'Drawing the Head and Hands' by Andrew Loomis, I really should have done a LOT more, I will next time:

Now actually applying them by trying to draw what I've learnt from memory, this was bloody hard. Again, I should have done way more:

A still life I did, trying to speed things up this time, because I feel like I'm far too slow (now that I look at it, i feel like the bounce light is a little bit too saturated):

I want to eventually be able to visually communicate my ideas well, just doing studies for now, will definitely come up with personal pieces soon :)

That's all for now,
thanks for checking in :)

Messages In This Thread
Chan's sketchbook - by chanchhim - 12-18-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: Chan's sketchbook - by chanchhim - 12-18-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Chan's sketchbook - by chanchhim - 12-19-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Chan's sketchbook - by chanchhim - 12-20-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Chan's sketchbook - by iamorim - 12-21-2015, 04:08 AM
RE: Chan's sketchbook - by chanchhim - 12-25-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Chan's sketchbook - by Leonard - 01-07-2016, 03:01 AM
RE: Chan's sketchbook - by chanchhim - 01-07-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Chan's sketchbook - by miracoly - 01-07-2016, 08:16 PM