Lost,Tired, need some help !
Well at this point all I can say is keep working from reference and life and keep pushing structural and accuracy-focused studies. Something that occured to me was that I didn't know if you did any structural drawings focusing on accuracy of planes and feature placement before you painted any of these. If you don't do structural drawings before you paint, focusing more on that stage will probably help you. I also wonder if you need to do more detailed ecorche studies of facial musculature.

Sometimes it just feels like you aren't getting any better when you are struggling a lot, when actually you are making improvements and probably at some point it will all click with perseverance.

Another thing I would recommend if you are burning out on these, is taking a break from things. Don't stop observing and analysing heads in life, but don't paint them so much. Do landscapes or something else. Then go back to it. Often it helps to get a fresh sense of perspective as well, especially if you are just banging your head against a wall with no seeming gains. Good luck with it.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by ChaseNNN - 01-01-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by Amit Dutta - 01-01-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by ChaseNNN - 01-02-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by Amit Dutta - 01-03-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by ChaseNNN - 01-05-2016, 01:06 AM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by Amit Dutta - 01-05-2016, 06:04 AM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by ChaseNNN - 01-19-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by Amit Dutta - 01-19-2016, 03:04 PM