Poll: Are you working yourself stupid in pursuit of your passion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, kill me now.
38.10%
8 38.10%
Yep, but they enable me.
4.76%
1 4.76%
Nope, I'm priveledged.
19.05%
4 19.05%
No, and I'm doing ok.
38.10%
8 38.10%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Why You Shouldn't Be Overworking Yourselves
Aha! Indian! We're cut from the same basic cultural cloth! Not much explaining to do then!

It's funny how you explained yourself that you weren't being mean! How many people have you offended for telling like it is! Haha!

In all seriousness, you didn't have to explain. I never felt an ounce of malice whenever you shell out your perspective of things!

This will sound against what you're proposing. The thought of going out with friends and have fun than sticking to the work is always a feeling that feels right at the moment. Always is. It's the guilt that I should've put in the work instead of dicking around that bugs me. Don't get me wrong, I always enjoy those moments of not working. I am an impulsive boy. What feels right at the moment isn't always the right choice. Sure, there had been times I'd go in painting with so much venom, but it's always a feeling that will pass. I can honestly say don't have that feeling now having gone through it so many times. I probably am desensitized to it by now. But my point being, I had to go through that state to be where I am now.

I think everybody should blow off having fun in the name of sticking with your art plan at least once! O-ver work.

The thing about friends is, they'll always be there. They will understand what you're going through. They will understand why you keep on blowing them off. If they really are friends, they will hang around. It's been more or less 5 years down the line since I last had hung out with friends. I do get that feeling of "I have no friends" from time to time. But, ultimately, those are just feelings. It's just a call away, phone or text each other up to invalidate those negative thoughts.

I swear, my intention wasn't me boo-hoo-ing that I'm victimizing myself. At most, probably I gave off a tone to insinuate that I am. It's more of me creating a nightmare situation for myself. How can I pull this off when the time comes? It's a mild onset of paranoia! But just because I am, doesn't mean it isn't out to get me!

I am aware that these are all excuses. It's one of the significant life decisions anybody has to make at a point in their lives. It's damn near impossible holding on to both. That's easily two 8 hour jobs a day if I painted a rosy picture. Take the art road, and be labeled ungrateful and selfish! Take the 'real life'/'it is how it is' road, and beat yourself up for not chasing your dream! Red pill! Blue pill! Morpheus never mentioned what will happen if you take both!

Haha! I love this cultural angsty version of Amit!

(I swear to god, I was supposed to run with a Titanic joke where you're telling me that I should stop swinging my arms in the air and just let the water fill up my lungs! Funny you made that reference!)

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why You Shouldn't Be Overworking Yourselves - by John - 05-21-2016, 07:53 PM