Poll: Are you working yourself stupid in pursuit of your passion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, kill me now.
38.10%
8 38.10%
Yep, but they enable me.
4.76%
1 4.76%
Nope, I'm priveledged.
19.05%
4 19.05%
No, and I'm doing ok.
38.10%
8 38.10%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Why You Shouldn't Be Overworking Yourselves
well here i am with all the time in the world. this past few years.i have locked myself in my house training myself the best that i could be yet i felt like i couldve done better. i gave myself schedules that i never ever committed to like ever. ive tried working s minimum 8 hours a day. i tried as much as i could in disciplining myself yet there will be times (there's alot) where i just procrasinate and not get any job done not to mention burnouts in between ( month gaps where i literally stop doing anything art related)

so what i like to say is having all the time in the world is not gonna help you if youre not passionate about this field and to be passionate, you need to be crazy disciplined . especially if you're learning this by yourself. im abit ashamed about this really but sadly i just couldn't do this by myself.

im applying for a job next month its gonna be a 10 hour shift. ive never worked before in my life, i dont really know what there is to expect but im gonna take it as a learning experience as well as the hope that itll give me the motivation and focus that i need to the remaining 2 hours of my day to work on my craft.

I know it sounds ridiculous that im only going to work "just for the experience".
well of course its not just that. I still need to do my part in the family.

but yeh thanks RP for the thought provoking post.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why You Shouldn't Be Overworking Yourselves - by KurtJeremy - 01-11-2016, 05:48 PM