Hey, Hi!
Hey man, thanks for your post on my SB! And welcome to the forum. I'm new too. :) It looks like you've reached a basic level of skill just drawing. Now it's time to bone up on your fundamentals and use what you learn to make your stuff awesome! Is the lady anyone character in particular?

Good to see you drawing some boxes, those are an important fundamental. I have a few crits for you. First, putting four vanishing points into your construction just makes things look weird. This isn't correct at all. You can, of course, have an infinite number of VPs in a construction- one for each set of parallel lines- but you aren't ever going to see a bunch of boxes which have some sides sharing a VP and there other sides going to random VPs. Whenever you do constructions, make sure they are correct.

Also, bear in mind that placing VPs too close together will create a warped perspective. They need to be spaced properly. My favorite book for perspective is Perspective for Comic Book Artists by David Chelsea, check it out! Another good one is Ernest Norling's Perspective Made Easy. Also, check out Scott Robertson, he kicks ass for learning freehand perspective.

Some of your boxes have near-far plane issues, but since you are starting Draw a Box you'll be learning all about drawing boxes LOL. Just get started, much of what I know I learned from Draw a Box. ^^ BTW, what kind of pencil is that? I thought it might be a lead holder but the tip looks too thin.

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!

Messages In This Thread
Hey, Hi! - by ThatDudeIsaGhost - 02-01-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: Hey, Hi! - by Mechanizoid - 02-02-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: Hey, Hi! - by ThatDudeIsaGhost - 02-03-2016, 05:15 AM
RE: Hey, Hi! - by Mechanizoid - 02-03-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Hey, Hi! - by ThatDudeIsaGhost - 02-04-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: Hey, Hi! - by Mechanizoid - 02-05-2016, 06:03 PM