Writing, Drawing and What You're "Meant" To Do
I've had this thought in my head for years now. Years.

I'm a writer, or I'm a writer at the time of posting this. I love writing, and I don't know how else to say that. It's something that I've done my entire life, and it feels right.

But I have this other feeling, this niggling thing that bites at me. Drawing. I also love to draw. I'm not good at drawing, but I enjoy it.

And you may know what I'm about to type, in fact, it's probably obvious. I'm going to say that I can't decide between the two.

And you're right.

And you'd tell me to do both.

Which is great advice, but unfortunately, I can't wrap my head around it. I'm a very singular person, I have one drive, one goal, I'm just simply not good at doing multiple things.

And so I can't make up my mind between drawing and writing. Actually, I've been juggling writing, drawing, photography and music (guitar) for years now, and I'm exhausted.

I just want to write, or draw. I love both dearly, but I can't do both, because it simply exhausts me.

What I'm asking for is advice. How can I make up my mind? How can I find which art I truly hold close?

Messages In This Thread
Writing, Drawing and What You're "Meant" To Do - by ConSketch - 02-22-2016, 01:38 AM
RE: Writing, Drawing and What You're "Meant" To Do - by etenzero - 02-22-2016, 05:59 PM