Writing, Drawing and What You're "Meant" To Do
I'm in the same boat, except I'm good at drawing and a poor writer. I guess I've perpetuated that by sticking closer to the thing I did better. When I look at writing and drawing, they're both story telling, only in a different format. So, if the common factor in each is storytelling, the question I ask my self is how could I better tell a story? Writing or art?

I really like the idea that a book can spawn great scenes unique to the readers mind, but I also like the idea that I could spell that imagery out through drawing as I see it. It's a tough choice.

Right now I need money, and I'm getting close to being able to fully support myself on art - I'm terrified at how long it would take, or if it would even be possible for me to make money writing. Being a successful writer seems a more unrealistic fantasy to me, like being a rock-star or something. Maybe that's only because I haven't traveled that path nearly as much as the art path.

Anyways just typing out loud here. I suppose the best decision will come from how honest you can be with yourself. If I was being honest with myself, the thing that brings me the most fulfillment is reading books. But I'm starting to lie to myself because of money.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Writing, Drawing and What You're "Meant" To Do - by etenzero - 02-22-2016, 05:59 PM