My "Dream Job" destroyed my life.
'Scrum adopts an empirical approach—accepting that the problem cannot be fully understood or defined, focusing instead on maximizing the team's ability to deliver quickly, to respond to emerging requirements'

I'm going to make a guess and say that your boss probably read that as: 'Predicting where problems may occur and reacting to them ahead of time is a form of planning, so forget that. People can't really  plan ahead, they think they can, but actually the best thing you can do is try to dodge bullets at the last possible moment.'

Sounds like your boss is a postmodernist and doesn't know what he's doing. If that's what's going on here it explains most if not all of the problems you are having. This kind of approach sounds tempting if you've never tried to apply it to a real problem because of the freedom it promises, and it's true that completely structured systems are rigid and you can't easily make changes at later stages if you rely on them, but systems without a structure just fall apart halfway throughout construction, unless you induce them with the structure called 'knowing what you are doing'. The nice thing about systems that impose a structure on your approach is that they take away part of that burden from you.
You can apply this concept to art as well: A lot of highly skilled artists don't have a structured approach to painting, but as a beginner you need  those structures to be able to learn, and you're reliant on them until you've internalized their underlying logic. Sure, it's restricting, but you can't skip the internalization process and jump straight to doing whatever the hell you feel like.

As for your question: Obviously, if you need the money you can just keep going, but you don't seem to be all too happy with your situation, and finding meaning in what you do isn't just healthy, it's also pretty important to progressing as an artist. If you feel like you aren't enjoying art because of your job, and perhaps even stagnating, you may want to prioritize your wellbeing and your love for art over your financial situation.

Hope I got across what I'm trying to say, and it makes at least a little bit of sense. If it doesn't feel free to disregard it.

Messages In This Thread
My "Dream Job" destroyed my life. - by FactofMyth - 02-24-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: My "Dream Job" destroyed my life. - by Lodratio - 02-24-2016, 03:24 PM