Why not good?
Yeah, the problem lies with the foundation in this case. The main thing you'll need to figure out are proportions, general anatomy and construction. That's not something you can fix in a single picture, you just gotta practice for a bit. In my experience it's a good idea to try to just think about the face as a 3d object and forget the concepts its made up of for a bit. For example, constructing heads upside down is super helpful for getting away from symbol drawing. Your colors are pretty alright already though, the rendering is nice and clean looking and the composition isn't bad either, so good job on that.

A few specific things you could start with:
-the eyes are deceptively deep in the eyesockets and they're 3d. with eyes it's especially difficult to get away from drawing symbols for some reason, so you really have to make a conscious effort to think about them as balls with skin wrapped around them
-noses protrude from the head a lot more than you'd think
-watch out so your necks don't get too long
- try to figure out how to place your ears depending on the angle of the head. also keep in mind that they're not attached straight but in a slightly tilted way

In terms of figure drawing/ anatomy books you have a choice between hampton, loomis and vilppu. I like vilppu the most, but you gotta see for yourself. Sinix also has a video on drawing faces that I found super helpful.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Why not good? - by John - 03-02-2016, 10:01 AM
RE: Why not good? - by Lodratio - 03-02-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: Why not good? - by EduardoGaray - 03-02-2016, 11:45 AM
RE: Why not good? - by Piotr Jasielski - 03-02-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: Why not good? - by Amit Dutta - 03-02-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: Why not good? - by John - 03-02-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: Why not good? - by Piotr Jasielski - 03-02-2016, 11:24 PM