Starting having work- Please help
@ Amit Those are very precious informations my friend, thanks a lot!!
Wow i didn´t knew that Polycount was still valid for posting portfolios, as CA, as cgsociety. I have a Deviantart account but i as neglecting it a little bit, maybe it´s time to take it more seriouslly.
Regarding Artstation i have mixed feelings, maybe you can help me on that one, when you apply to work at artstation, aren´t you risking being engulfed by the avalange of amazing artists already posting stuff there?

I´ve tried the route of sending my portfolio via email, straight to the companies, a dozen of contacts via gamedev, mainly from Europe. Maybe it´s time to add more companies of the site i didn´t knew; boardgamegeek.

I´ve heard by some artists, i don´t remember who exactly was (or were), maybe Jason Seiler, maybe a podcast from a fellow artist, that i should send my portfolio to a range of companies from 3 to 3 months, not to wait too long, not to try to piss off the AD´s. Do you think that´s wise?

Regarding the tumblr you posted, absolutely fantastic. That´s a pearl and i´ve already learned a ton by reading a few pages. Awesome.

Thanks Amit, truly!!

@John

Awesome :)

Haha, at the time the artists i know either have gone to work in other countries (3d department) or can´t afford to register a booth. Working as a lone wolf will require some financial burden.
Maybe it´s wise that i would build more contacts with artists but i´m not sure what is the most efficient way, acknowledging that CA workshoops, Schoolism workshops etc are a bit distant from where i live.

"Bring your portfolio. Make yourself business cards, or post cards with your best illustration on it, always put your name and contact information and don't scrimp on the quality of the printing."

Thanks fantastic advice man.

Haha me too, almost entered in several companies but at the last momment i was suddendly dropped.

Do you have consistent work now? Are you struggling for the first years of freelancing as Dave Rapoza said in one of his conversations with Daniel Warren?

True. Just doing it for the love of art, the only way to endure to the end is just to love what you do, strggle, not quiting even when everything spits in your face.

Cheers man!!!

@Jaktrayter

Thanks man! Not sure if it´s worth signing off as it´s not free but surelly has some free articles worth reading and surelly shows to have loads of credibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 01:28 AM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 06:14 AM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by RickRichards - 04-20-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by devinn - 04-20-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-21-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-26-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-26-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-27-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 05-05-2016, 03:15 AM