Starting having work- Please help
@ Amit. Thanks man! Yeah, i´m still figuring out how the reply sysyem works too.

1. I´ve navigated through Polycount forums and there´s indeed an up to date job opportunity section. It´s worth sneak peaking weekly, if not daily.
Regarding DA i´m still puzzled by how you start building a following enough to receive commissions or freelance gigs. You just do quality fan art to promote yourself? You´re active in groups or just, but maybe the strongest suggestion, keep an up to date, professional with good quality work profile?

2. I´ll give it a try, without trying we´ll never know. I´ll be working on a few strong pieces to build a gallery there. One thing is for sure Artstation is one if not the most credible professional network for artists.

3. Yes, i´m rebuilding my contact database and trying to add contacts from the sites you´ve provided, including board game companies, video game companies. Hope this time something comes arround. Thanks for the input!!

4. Basically having common sense right? Not throwing constant updates to piss and bother AD´s, but at the same time not neglecting to send them.
I know it´s a bit lame to say but i´m a bit desperate for work in the art scene, and any valuable advice will be greatly appreciated and adopted.

I primarily would love to work in a studio, but since it´s difficult, yet i don´t stop trying, i´ll settle for freelancing knowing how tough it is.
Very insightful advice Amit, saving will save lots of headaches.

Cool. That´s good news. The issue is that i have spent quite a bit and now i´m a bit more cautious with where i spend. Not saying that ArtPact is not wordy because i only receive good feedback from them. And i want to delve a bit more in their articles for sure.

@ John

Wow. That´s brutal. You worked mainly at the first years with clients from the Philipines and neighbour countries or for clients elsewhere? Yes, reality checks are always helpful.
But sometimes i see worst work than mine, pardon my sincerity having opportunities. And i know my work needs a lot of improvement. Maybe you experience the same.
Not "blaming anyone" but just checking out a symptom for potential root issues.

I was already screwed a few times. No more. That´s a nice input, require at least half in front, which may scare potential clients but i´m tired of doing free work.

Now i know it´s part of the game. You´re not in until you´re in, no matter if you´re standing at the door ready to enter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 01:28 AM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 06:14 AM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by devinn - 04-20-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by RickRichards - 04-21-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-21-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-26-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-26-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-27-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 05-05-2016, 03:15 AM