Starting having work- Please help
Hello Rick.

In Portugal, do you guys have game/art/book/comic conventions? I had the same perception as you with regards to our own country not having a booming art industry, but there are people I personally know who make money out of these conventions. Portugal might be the same.

I have had freelance opportunities by attending and participating in local comic book conventions. There are artists who make good money out of making comic books and prints. If you're interested in drawing some fan art, this could be a good source of getting some local commissions. Some artists pile up their commission list this way. It's a good place to build your local reputation especially if you're really awesome with what you do. I've had been approached by local publishing companies this way and, at the same time, I have had the opportunity to approach them.

On the flipside, it's by no means a sustainable source of income. Having art conventions is, at most, seasonal. But if the convention is right around the corner, and if you need to turn a quick buck, spread your name around, expand your artist network, or put your resume in a company's hat, this might be worth a try.

Here's to wishing you find work soon! All the luck in the world Rick!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 01:28 AM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 06:14 AM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by devinn - 04-20-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-20-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-21-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-26-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-26-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 04-27-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: Starting having work- Please help - by John - 05-05-2016, 03:15 AM