Mech's Oxygen Deprivation Deathline
Yo it's Mech, just want to tell all you guys what my Deathline is. I'm sick of being so on-and-off, stop and start with my art practice, so I'm doing Dynamic Sketching with a time limit to enforce continuity of practice. My spacecraft is in orbit with limited CO2 filters, and you guys shall not let me land until I have done this properly.

I'm using Draw a Box. I'm be redoing Lessons 1 and 2 'cause the first time I did them, I did not practice every day and as a result, it took too long to finish them. I think it should not take more than two days to do each lesson, three days at most with the Dynamic Sketching material. I don't just want to learn basic drawing skills here. I want to develop consistency of practice.

GOAL: Work through Dynamic Sketching, practicing every single day.

Specific Tasks: These are the specific tasks I must complete.
  1. Do the Basics over again. Complete all the assigned ellipse, box, and organic form homework.
  2. Complete 250 Box Challenge.
  3. Complete 250 Cylinder Challenge.
  4. Work through all five Dynamic Sketching lessons, completing all assigned homework.
Based on my estimate of two days for each Basics lesson and three days max for each Dynamic Sketching lesson, I'm giving myself 21 days, starting now. I will post all my work on my SB thread to prove I am working my little butt off, and thus deserve more CO2 filters.

And, naturally, I will send my work to Uncomfortable on Reddit for his awesome free crit! :-3 Please kick my ass if I slack off.

Deadline: July 19th

As Uncomfortable says, a box a day keeps the demons away! Or, in this case, keeps the CO2 level in my spaceship from building up until I suffer an incredibly painful death from hypercapnia. I'm unwilling to give up and let the air out of my ship to suffer a painless death by hypoxia. If you want to draw, you've got to DRAW. It's like the air you breathe.

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!

Messages In This Thread
Mech's Oxygen Deprivation Deathline - by Mechanizoid - 06-26-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: Mech's Oxygen Deprivation Deathline - by John - 06-27-2016, 06:45 PM