Hey everyone :)
Star 
Hello there!
You can call me Lapa or Patschka, just as you like. I'm new to the forums and am excited to be here - everyone in here seems to be interested in progressing/learning new things and that's exactly where I want to be. :)

I don't have a lot to say about myself - I'm not a native speaker, so if you find any weird mistakes in my texts, sorry in advance.

I don't have a great story to tell as some def can - I was always drawing and interested in everything film-related, but I never really got serious about my art and I was struggling a lot not knowing what I really want to do. Since I have kind of a lot of interests - like writing novels, drawing and film - I tried to focus only on ONE of those things and not only "failed", but felt completely wrong about it (applied for Animation School etc).

Right now I slowly begin to believe that, if I only work hard enough, I can combine my interests into one profession and I look up to artists like H. R. Giger - not only because his style "speaks to me", but more because he just did what he loved in the end and worked on so many different projects as a concept artist.
I know that many of the people working in the industry would probably tell me that it's best to focus only on one thing, but I have the goal to be some sort of an Art Director some time. I know its a long and tough road and I'm struggling every day, but I feel if I dont pursue that, I wont be happy.

Hah, long post.
Looking forward to the journey :)
Thanks everyone!

Messages In This Thread
Hey everyone :) - by Lapatschka - 07-05-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Hey everyone :) - by BrushNoir - 07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: Hey everyone :) - by John - 07-05-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: Hey everyone :) - by Artloader - 07-05-2016, 11:51 PM
RE: Hey everyone :) - by John - 07-06-2016, 12:02 AM
RE: Hey everyone :) - by Lapatschka - 07-06-2016, 12:10 AM