What are your favorite pens to draw with?
Hey guys!

John Yes, the Pocket Brush pen looks totally awesome. ^^ I don't think the refills are too expensive where I live–not more than $1.25 to $1.50 USD. I don't know how they last though. I haven't found any cheaper ballpoints I like. I tend to use fineliners (I like the way the tip feels), and since it is waterproof ink I'll be able to keep using them when I start using markers.

Adam Hey, nice trick with the Pentel brush pen! I very much like the Fabr-Castell Pitt pens, they are nice to work with.

Quote:Dont get hung up on getting the perfect pens though. "The bad carpenter blames his tools". Just use a ball point and GIT GUD.

Yes, you are quite right–it's the artist that counts, not the pens. :-) But that doesn't mean that playing around with a bunch of different kinds of pens is a bad idea, either. And it is fun. Just as long as we remember that there is no magic pen, and it is all about finding what fits us best.

Cracked Oh, cracked... >.<

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your favorite pens to draw with? - by Mechanizoid - 07-16-2016, 07:44 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-17-2017, 06:36 AM