Hello CG and 2017!
Hello Inagada.

Quote:I work digitally too, but not as keen on it...nor the best at focusing for long periods of time on a screen when the temptation to check email or play around on Facebook lingers over me.

Totally understand that. I have no discipline when it comes to social media. The platform is almost a catch-22. Good tool to promote your stuff, but also a thing that could hinder you to make the stuff in the first place.

If I can provide some advice, just make a conscious decision to discipline yourself. If it's really that bad and truly detrimental, then just quit. I don't think FB would allow you to quit for real anyway.

Quote:every time i ask for feedback

Got you covered. Try this thread: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-36.html

Quote:it's difficult to feel confident in myself or motivated to practice without my art school community to support me like it used to.

It's true and it's a valid thing that support plays a role in getting you where you want to be. I mean, who does not want cheerleaders, coaches, and trainers on their side? Then again, I am of the opinion that you already know that most of the leg work will be coming from you. Maybe that's why you're here. In all honesty, all we can do is hold you accountable for what you've said you're gonna do and try our best to point you to the direction we think is right. Other than that, it's all you.

Quote: My anatomy, light and perspective all can stand to be developed stronger, and while I have endless streams of original character and story world ideas, I have drawn them very rarely because I often give up too easily.

Well. Don't. If you really want to be better, remove "give up" from your dictionary.

Quote:I think communicating with others just period and other artists looking to improve from so many backgrounds may really make me feel less alone and challenged in a positive healthy way to make other people see my work/help other people out too.

You got it. Most members are on Discord too (https://discord.gg/azX8fwT). A lot of fine friendly people over there.

Well, you know what to do. Loader got that advice down. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers. Good luck and let's get to it.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
Hello CG and 2017! - by Inagada Davida - 01-03-2017, 01:27 PM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Artloader - 01-03-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Inagada Davida - 01-20-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by John - 01-04-2017, 01:04 AM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by ZombieChinchilla - 01-04-2017, 01:06 AM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Inagada Davida - 01-20-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Artloader - 01-21-2017, 02:34 AM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Inagada Davida - 01-28-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: Hello CG and 2017! - by Artloader - 01-28-2017, 09:02 AM