Critiquing digital painting landscape
Hi Kraken8000,

Nice start! And welcome to Crimson Daggers!
Would be helpful for you if you start up a sketchbook thread, put a link in your sig and start doing some studies.
For critiques on this piece, I'd recommend doing individual studies of each of the elements you have in the painting: a study of a cliff face, of trees, of clouds, and water falls, etc. But at this stage starting out in painting, it would also be really useful to do simple black and white still-life studies of simple objects. Something that I think can be useful in this regard is taking a lump of putty (such as a kneaded eraser) and moulding it into a simple shape and putting it under a light and studying it... (I have an example of a study I did like that on the last page of my sketchbook).

You could also practice drawing out the elements in line work, to show individual elements a bit clearer, as a pre-cursor to rendering them, and to get a better idea of what you want to paint.

Anyway its a great start, keep practicing!

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche

Messages In This Thread
RE: Critiquing digital painting landscape - by aks9 - 02-19-2017, 11:41 PM