Poll: Is art school worth it for concept art?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
12.50%
1 12.50%
Depends on current funds
25.00%
2 25.00%
Depends on the art school
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Your opinions on Art schools
(03-18-2017, 10:25 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Totally man, getting, and more importantly, applying good quality advice when you are learning is crucial. So it will come down to what the others said, do your due diligence and research the heck out of the schools you are considering.

One thing that maybe needs not to be said is, no matter what, you will exponentially benefit from a good solid foundation on the fundamentals first if you are after efficiency of your learning.  I see too many just paying lip service to it, but not putting in the required work or half assing it in some way, and not seeing how much it affects their skills whatever it is they are trying to achieve. Don't be one of em and you'll improve in leaps and bounds.So make sure the school you choose has a good foundational program. Shortcuts that gloss over this and go straight to photobashing or 3d or whatever should be viewed suspiciously.

If you're not going to go into years of debt just to go to a school, then they can become a better option, but yeah, 50k a year for 4 years at ArtCentre is still steep and takes the piss a little bit. Fzd has the benefit of brevity for around the same annual cost if you keep in mind that you will be heavily pushed past any healthy way of living for that year and from what i have seen of the student work tends to have all very similar vibes even if stylistically different.
I know a dude that just finished at fzd last year if you like I'll hook you guys up on fb. Just add me and say hey. Orange Pekoe up there is at syn studios now. Outing the bugger now :)

Ye man another opinion from someone who went to FZD would be great. Tbh it sounds the right kinda course, the only thing concerning me is the stories of bad business/teaching practises there. Syn studios also sounds great but it seems like a place aimed at people already close to professional level. So ye Orange I'd love to hear about syn studios if you care to share! 

As mentioned I "can" do self taught, but If possibly I'd really like a descent formal education at least for a short while.

Messages In This Thread
Your opinions on Art schools - by someguy216 - 03-15-2017, 09:28 AM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by Amit Dutta - 03-15-2017, 07:27 PM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by someguy216 - 03-18-2017, 06:24 AM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by Amit Dutta - 03-18-2017, 10:25 AM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by someguy216 - 03-20-2017, 01:46 AM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by someguy216 - 03-20-2017, 08:53 PM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by someguy216 - 03-25-2017, 05:48 AM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by Amit Dutta - 03-20-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by Amit Dutta - 03-20-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: Your opinions on Art schools - by Bookend - 04-17-2017, 10:37 AM