hellllooo
Hi my name is Schwing

I found this forum via a blogpost. Looks like most of you are pros working in the industry which is really awesome. And it's really awesome because I'm a 17 year old kid from the UK who's a pretty mediocre artist who wants to make dope as fuck comic books! I'm determined to improve and get a running start with all this. Expect a lot of questions from me because I have a lot of stuff to clarify! The art world seems to not conform to the linearity I have seen from most conventional careers I've been exposed to.
I haven't always wanted to be a comic book artist. Ever since I was about 15 I've had it in my head that I'd be an engineer. I got the GCSEs. I came out with A* in maths physics and A in design technology. I got a scholarship fund. I chose full STEM for my A level background.
One day it just hit me. I had some sort of transcendental epiphany or some shit. I kid you not! I was feeling despondent about my future. Thinking about what I really want out of it. I can rationalise for life but the fact of the matter is I'm just a kid who hasn't experienced the world yet. And I want to experience it in the best way I possibly can.
I'm going to follow my heart and see where it leads me. Pursuing this dream gives me a feeling I've never felt before - concrete resolve. It's something there no matter what and I can draw strength from it any time.

"I want to be the best"

Just saying that make me feel like I can do anything! I'm tired of feeling restricted. I'm tired of holding back.

[Image: uOBOztR.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
hellllooo - by Schwing - 06-29-2017, 05:31 AM
RE: hellllooo - by John - 06-29-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: hellllooo - by Schwing - 06-30-2017, 05:09 AM
RE: hellllooo - by Artloader - 06-30-2017, 10:28 PM
RE: hellllooo - by John - 07-01-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: hellllooo - by Schwing - 07-01-2017, 02:36 AM
RE: hellllooo - by Schwing - 07-01-2017, 02:58 AM
RE: hellllooo - by procxied - 07-10-2017, 03:16 AM
RE: hellllooo - by Schwing - 07-21-2017, 07:36 AM