Hello :)
Smile 
Hi, my name is Ria. I'll be applying to colleges soon and would love to attend art school. I suppose my clearest goal as of now would be to get to a level where I can create a portfolio that would allow me to go to a good one. For where I'm at currently I really doubt I would get accepted into a place like art center though Devastated, very sad (and it's hella expensive). I've got much room for improvement and am very accepting of critique and advice :).

Besides learning fundamentals, there is also the problem of subject matter for me. Of course I play games and watch movies (other wise I would not know concept art even existed) but I am not so invested in these that I can design much at all (very small visual library). So I guess I suck at the most important part that makes up concept art but I still want to push forward. I like the idea that concept artists can design or create anything, even things people have never seen before. I also like the constant learning and research that is involved. There's always something new and interesting to do! 

I have an instagram but there is no concept stuff on it (since my designs suck haha) https://www.instagram.com/ria_chen_art/?hl=en

Learning progress:

-Anatomy/Figure
     Proko gesture (done)
     Proko anatomy (doing; spine)
     Michael Hampton FD: design and invention (hold; ch3)
     Daily Gesture (doing)
     Master Study

-Character Design [subject matter]
     Medieval
     Pirates argh (doing)

-Perspective
     Draw a box (doing; lesson 6)
     Scott Robertson H2D (hold; ch6)

-Vehicle Design
     research first...
     thumbnails

-Environment Design
     (hold; week 02)

Reflection: damn, so I guess it's all over the place... I mean that I am trying to do many things from different resources all at once. I guess I should focus onto one book/video series for each subject, get done with that and move onto the next book... maybe I should even limit how many subjects I am studying at one time. (I put some things on hold).

Some of my stuff

Messages In This Thread
Hello :) - by procxied - 07-09-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Hello :) - by Artloader - 07-09-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Hello :) - by procxied - 07-09-2017, 09:24 AM
RE: Hello :) - by John - 07-09-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Hello :) - by procxied - 07-09-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: Hello :) - by Fedodika - 07-10-2017, 03:47 AM
RE: Hello :) - by procxied - 07-27-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Hello :) - by G.Cell - 07-25-2017, 02:15 PM