Mari [Level 0]
@xelferet - I hope this works. I think somewhere along the lines I forgot what it was to have "fun" with my art, which is why I started drawing in the first place, and I get disheartened when I don't see physical results in my work. As we all know, you reach plateaus in art you have to push through before you get better, and I've been stuck. So, I just stopped! My aim is that this gamification will at let me see my progress, even if my art progress slows down. I need a LOT of improvement, especially compared to everyone here, but I want to enjoy the process along the way.

@chubbycat- Thank you, but I can't take all the credit, of course. But you're 100% right. I just spent a bit of money on my drawing tablet (so I can start playing around with digital art), so I might not spend any money for awhile. But I'm sure there are other ways to reward myself. 

Alright guys, so thanks for stopping in. I am a big newb, and I know everyone says that (but then they post some great stuff), but I really am. So please be gentle! I've never done digital art before, and I still need to keep working on traditional if you ask me. But practice makes perfect!

Right now I'm using a Huion GT 220-V2 8192 Monitor Tablet and the digital art program Krita. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I wanted to attempt some fundamental stuff like form and light. This was also an exercise in color and blending. I probably should have found a way to work with more layers, but I was nervous and only stuck to about two brushes and one layer. lol

Training Completed:
     • Practiced for 1 Hour
     • Post Work Online for Feedback

Current Progress: 110/1000XP

Messages In This Thread
Mari [Level 0] - by Mariquo - 07-21-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Mari [Level 0] - by xelfereht - 07-21-2017, 03:42 AM
RE: Mari [Level 0] - by chubbycat - 07-21-2017, 05:52 PM
RE: Mari [Level 0] - by Mariquo - 07-22-2017, 02:31 AM
RE: Mari [Level 0] - by Mariquo - 07-23-2017, 10:14 AM