Fear is the mind killer
[quote pid='115047' dateline='1502758073']
Thank you both for the warm welcome!

@AEBL Ah nice to meet another medical professional with a taste for art! i'm a nurse myself, and can definitely relate to trying to find the time and the right set of mind to practice efficiently, but I do what I can. I haven't posted a sketchbook yet as i'm not sure I have much to showcase for critique as of yet. Lines, ellipses, perspective exercises and the occasional gesture/mannequin has been my bread and butter for the last few months. Maybe I'll post a few of my early sketches just to get it started but they are horrible.

@Amitt Dutta Thank you for showing me that it is possible. You are an inspiration. I've always enjoyed the learning path and been a permanent student all my life so I know in the end it comes down to how much you focus and put into it, just a question of reminding myself of that and not letting the frustrations of the early steps drag you down.
I got dorien's gumroads and went through it yesterday, very useful!
I do have Robertson's How to draw (forgot to list it on the original post) and gone through the early chapters, but I put it on hold as it overlaps a bit with dynamic sketching. Probably revisit it after my CGMA course for the more technical bits.
I used to just freely sketch and design things, but since I started focusing on the fundamentals I confess I completely stopped doing that. I'll start adding in the occasional loose sketch and concept in between forms and contours :).

I'll set up a sketchbook with my early sketches, and i'll add any studies, concepts and work to it going forward. I will definitely appreciate any feedback you guys may have.
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Fear is the mind killer - by Shalis - 08-15-2017, 05:51 AM
RE: Fear is the mind killer - by AEBL - 08-15-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: Fear is the mind killer - by Amit Dutta - 08-15-2017, 10:47 AM
RE: Fear is the mind killer - by Shalis - 08-15-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: Fear is the mind killer - by Artloader - 08-16-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Fear is the mind killer - by Shalis - 08-17-2017, 03:17 AM