Sifter's Sketchbook
I like the graphic style of you images! Everything looks very clean, and I think I can get a sense for where you want to go visually. I read your introduction that said you want to be an illustrator, what kind of illustration do you want to do? (editorial, book covers, marketing, etc.?) And who are your influences, who do you want to take inspiration from? Once we know where you're aiming it'll be easier to help guide you. Thumbs_up

As far as figure studies go, I've been feeling recently that having a strong sense of perspective can really help to get those forms looking right- if you think about it this way, it's easier to build a figure when you know how everything in it fits in space in relation to the other parts, and I feel perspective makes the anatomy make more practical sense for me. I'd recommend placing a horizon line or a grid under some figure studies and try to get a feel for how it would exist in the real world.But yeah, good start to your sb, post more and really don't be afraid to show us your weaknesses!

Also thank you for that website you posted in my sb, it looks really useful!

Sketchbook (updated daily) https://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8600.html

discord: Beau#4149

1. Use the biggest brush possible for a given passage.
2. Paint large shapes first, followed by small shapes.
3. Save your tonal and chromatic accents until the last.
4. Try to soften any edge that doesn’t need to be sharp.
5. Take time to get the center of interest right.

Or, the briefer version: (B.L.A.S.T.)
Big brushes.
Large to small.
Accents last.
Soften edges.
Take your time. 

(James Gurney)

Messages In This Thread
Sifter's Sketchbook - by Sifter - 03-07-2019, 03:45 AM
RE: Sifter's Sketchbook - by beau - 03-09-2019, 02:13 AM
RE: Sifter's Sketchbook - by Sifter - 03-09-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: Sifter's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 03-10-2019, 10:40 AM