Constructive Criticism Appreciated Part II (2nd painting)
@NarkissArt Hey, very nice progress from your previous post, the pose and perspective are much better.

In my opinion, the lighting could be more clearly defined . you could make a hard light and you lit hard the part that are hit by the sun, or you could make it very diffuse with a greyish sky, for example, but either way the part that face the ground are gonna be way darker than the part that don't. My suggestion would be to use a reference of a lighting situation, either a photo or a concept art for your next one. I think this one is fine as it is, but I suggest you study a lighting situation from a photograph, or a concept, and try apply it to your next work.

@Darktiste Hello , I dunno for the perspective exageration, its a matter of taste I think, but I disagree with the comment on the limb hidden, in some pose you have some limb hidden, and it has been done quite a few time in illustration. I actually think it can sell the drawing and 3D when its done accuratly . An example of frazetta here, where an arm and a leg are hidden, and it's a great drawing imo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Constructive Criticism Appreciated Part II (2nd painting) - by Baldgate - 09-19-2019, 11:54 AM