Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in!
Big Grin 
Hi again.

Don't know how all the html code wound up in this post.  Oh Well.......

I'm migrating my old and much used hard-drive to a new HD/OS and am taking a lot of time to go through clean up nearly a terabyte of files and programs etc.

Anywho—I've managed a bit of art and will share that and some older stuff below.

Thank you so much [b]Leo Ki.  I do indeed envision a specific world inhabited by my characters and there is a thread running through all of my original  sketchbook concepts, creatures, and peeps.  I'm very pleased you picked up on that.[/b]

[b]I loved In Shadow too.  It's awesome to hear you call it a Masterpiece! [/b]

Fedodika:  Thanks for the welcome and thorough critique. 

"Attractiveness" and what people respond to is obviously a matter of taste. 

For example I can't stand a bunch of art that a lot of people seem to love.

As I wrote to Leo Ki above—I'm creating a specific fantasy "world" that suits my tastes—and I really enjoy—and most of the artwork I respond to is odd, different, strange, unique, and so on. 

Think Carlos Huante, Dali and other surrealists, add a dash of old heavy metal magazine style art, and a cup o'Frazetta, super-exaggerate it all, mix it together,  and bake on medium for 40 minutes. 

[Image: biggrin.png]

With that said—I'll consider your thoughts—and see what I can take away from them.  For example it's easy to dismiss your comments about my Mueller caricature and other characters of mine as a matter of personal taste—but I will think about having too many rounded shapes and balancing them with angular forms.

BTW—I studied for several years with Leyendecker's grand niece who is a GREAT instructor and not a bad artist her own se'f.

Thanks again

------------------------

Here's sum art

Pastel pencil

Had a blast making this character's feet/boots as crazy big as I could and super-exaggeratin' her pose and form. 

Color pencil

A sketch I drew for my niece's kids

A digital photo study using some custom brushes I made after watching a tutorial about making them

And just for Fedodika—some more "attractive schtuff:

A photo study I did with pastel pencils of a purty  girl

And a wolf photo study

--------------------------------

Just updated my sketchbook on my website with tons of old and new stuff.
[/url]
[url=http://artistjeffcurtis.wgd-entertainment.com/SketchbookDrawings.htm]http://artistjeffcurtis.wgd-entertainment.com/SketchbookDrawings.htm

Thanks for having a look at my thread and work.

See ya next time.............

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in! - by Jephyr - 10-22-2019, 05:05 AM