Mess of ideas
Hi people!
I'm a game design student and i've been studying and practicing to be able to create art and concepts for my own projects as well as be able to join other people projects in the future. Sorry for my english in advance, it's not my main language.

I hope to use this sketchbook to receive critique and help on my art and concepts, so i hope people will be able to help me. I dont have an art style to focus, from time to time i change my art style or do an style that i think it's better for the drawing that im doing. But i always try to put my best with all my knowlaged into it.

My future goals are:
  1. Get comfortable with my art and be able to improve
  2. Improve my mind and imagination to  be able to create better concepts
  3. Improve my illustrations and characters
-----------------------------------------
Currently i'm focusing alot on my graduation project (I'll be calling it GP from now on), so i dont have any recent sketches of stuff not related to it to share, but i hope its okay to start! 

About the GP, i need to develop a prototype of a game by myself (yes alone: concept art, UI/UX, animation n coding is all made by me). The game will be a metroidvania where food ingredients are monsters, basic recipes/foods (bread, pasta, ice cream) are bosse, and you play as chef. You need to hunt down the monsters and defeat bosses (recipes) with giant kitchen tools to be able to prepare food in your restaurant.

I pick this theme because first i love food (:v), second because i thought this would be a nice idea to study and improve my concept art with a theme i like in real life and in games.

This is the MC initial concept, he has 2 versions.

1) Regular Chef
2) Adventurer Chef

[Image: graziele-mendonca-mc.jpg?1588426979]

Final Concept
[Image: graziele-mendonca-theo-concept-01.jpg?1583110332]
[Image: graziele-mendonca-theo-concept-02.jpg?1583110312]

Monsters and bosses 
I dont usually do multiple versions of a concept until reach a specific model i like, i normally just keep redrawing (while observing multiple references) on the actual sketch until i reach a point im satisfied (this might be a problem). 

[Image: SR9tV10.jpg]
Starting from Upper Left:
- Tucanana: Banana Toucan (without wings). I also used the banana tree as reference, where the giant flower is the beak.
- Simão: Lemon Toad 
- Ceebo: Just an onion that cries alot
- Lenoura: Centipede Carrot
- Drasta and Drastarica (Boss): Well... It's a Dragon made of pasta (pun intended). I did a humonoid version as a joke but i end up liking it so i keep it. She holds Hashis as weapons and her clothes and hair are made of multiple types of pasta. The leaves in their heads and skirt are basils.
- Abacaxuro (Boss): Its a pineapple dinossaur. Pineapple in portuguese (my main language) is Abacaxi, so yeah, another pun intended. My main reference were Stegosaurus.
- Cogui: Its a regular red mushroom (the poisonous one), i made him cute as a way to "lure" the player into thinking their are dociles, while they are not.
- Cogum: Its the edible mushroom (Shitake), i mixed them with gorilla type of body and the "tentacles" i thought of a way for them to be able to "see" where they are going since they are blind, and use it to grab food.
- Boo: I used a regular potato as reference (a weird potato i found in the internet to be more precise). I didnt had any names, so i called it Boo.

Boo's Reference
[Image: D4BzjWI.png]

[Image: jRduiPK.png]
- Sr.Vete (Boss): It's an ice cream mage. His name is also a pun (i'm sorry), in portuguese Ice Cream is called Sorvete.

Restaurant
This the restaurant (one star) i imagined for the MC, at first will be only the stall.
[Image: graziele-mendonca-restaurante-lv1.jpg?1588170320]

And yeah this is all i have for now to share that i'm focusing on.

Messages In This Thread
Mess of ideas - by Gkatsura - 05-03-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: Mess of ideas - by bonjidogen - 05-03-2020, 04:20 AM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Gkatsura - 05-03-2020, 07:05 AM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Rotohail - 05-04-2020, 08:29 AM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Gkatsura - 05-04-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Gkatsura - 05-04-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Rotohail - 05-05-2020, 06:18 AM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Gkatsura - 05-06-2020, 01:29 AM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Artloader - 05-06-2020, 07:54 AM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Gkatsura - 05-06-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Mess of ideas - by Gkatsura - 06-15-2020, 10:19 PM