Can't figure out how to improve
I might know what you're talking about, to an extent. I went through a period where I became overly reliant on books, tutorials, and videos, and it was as if my brain could not develop self-reliance when creating art. Books and the like are good for providing guidance and technical facts, but you can't rely on other people's brains too much. I'm still not professional level, obviously, but I am making better works than before.

The feeling of not being able to learn from your mistakes is probably not abnormal; I've certainly felt that. I recall Marko Djurdevic talking about how one of the hardest things about motivating oneself to learn art is the fact that you make the same mistake repeatedly, and then you make it again 2 weeks after you thought you figured it out. Nobody truly understands how one improves at a skill (yes, there's practicing and theory, but all the practice and theory in the world will not turn an average guitar player into Jimi Hendrix), especially not a nebulous one like art, so no one can give you a clear-cut answer about things like this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by Pubic Enemy - 05-07-2020, 11:24 AM
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by Gliger - 05-07-2020, 11:52 PM
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by John - 05-09-2020, 01:07 AM