Can't figure out how to improve
Thanks for the fast replies guys. I'm going to make a sketchbook within the next couple of weeks.
I want to finish a picture as far as I can take it first, so I can get the most necessary advice.
It just sucks that I'm not smarter and I wish I could figure things out better or at all.

Heres my art goals.

Block-ins in accurate proportion regardless of the height chosen. (Finding landmarks, comparing with vertical, horizontal and diagonal plumbs. Breaking things down into quarters.) Focusing on Shapes.

Perspective Construction- I don't get how to go beyond simple forms and make complex ones. Also concepts like cone of vison or accuracy point or mechanical perspective to arrive at accurate architecture just fry my brain.

Value Patterns- Practicing all types of light from direct and diffuse. And deciding on if a key is a high, middle or low. While also getting the specific surface material, whether matte or reflective.

Cast Studies- Just focusing on Shape, Tone and Edges

Color studies of Masters- This is the most discouraging thing I try to do. I understand the elements of color; temperature, saturation, hue and value. But when I see people do a master study especially a landscape they make general colors before the specific color planes and I just don't get how the hell they decide what color to start with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by Gliger - 05-07-2020, 11:52 PM
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by Forsaken Pluto - 05-08-2020, 04:17 AM
RE: Can't figure out how to improve - by John - 05-09-2020, 01:07 AM