Gerben's Sketchbook - Sharpening the axe
Attempting to use as few strokes as possible to express the forms and textures from my ref. Getting to the point in as little work as possible, to keep it clean, pure, simple. 

I love hard-surface but without any 3D or lasso tool, getting sharp edges is a trip! Pushed the colors here a little bit cuz the ref was boring. 

Compared to the previous face I did get it better this time. Trying to express the key features of the form without too much noodling. I did not get the cloth material to look right though. 

So. Much. Saturation. I'm really not used to work with this much saturation and it's throwing me off a little bit. Love that I'm learning it though. The color dynamic of the bright blue and the purple reds oranges is spectacular. 

I keep being surprised at the amount of saturation in the lower values. It's the biggest thing I've learned so far.

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gerben's Sketchbook - Sharpening the axe - by gerbenpasjes - 01-29-2021, 06:30 PM