Gerben's Sketchbook - Sharpening the axe
Been working on some 3D stuff and Unity, but did some studies in between. No pressure, no stress, just... doing the work, as mindfully and focussed as possible. Feels good. 

Had a lot of trouble with this one. These very advanced scenes are challenging me to capture most of the shapes in big forms, but I notice that I tend to literally forget to paint in a ship or house. It's like my mind blanks over and I only see what the artists intended for me to see, so dramatically that I omit other parts haha. 

Frederic Remington, the one and only. What a palette! I can hardly imagine how he painted these. Is it from vivid memory/imagination, or the result of extensive construction and logical thought? Regardless, the same problem is above, I actually omitted the main character on the main horse and I didn't even realize it before I posted it here.

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gerben's Sketchbook - Sharpening the axe - by gerbenpasjes - 02-04-2021, 06:18 PM