Questions about the quality of drawing sessions
(04-02-2024, 09:05 PM)darktiste Wrote: By stage study i mean to create a challenge(study) for yourself by deciding what kind type of cloth you are trying to emulate.

From experience having done some nude study class before  you would not deal with clothed figure as first subject so from that i can pretty safely say that logical progression is learning the anatomy of the naked figure first.

You can learn the basic of cloth using basic drapery study you dont need a human figure to learn the principle but you will want to later make study of clothed figure regardless but for simplicity sake you do not need to complicate thing by mixing to many complex subject.You will always have time to bring all your fundamental together or to combining some fundamental as you see fit but when learning you gotta ease yourself into new subject matter if you want to be able to see yourself progress and not stagnant but you need to apply what you learn and that can be hard when you need to shift between analytic study and application because study is copying when you dont understand how to dissect a fundamental you need to make the distinction betweeen copying and understanding if you dont you are a slave to the reference and you cant make the jump into assembling image because you see thing as unit rather then as building block.

Enough with thing advance concept it only going to confuse you.

The human anatomy is a complex subject matter and long subject matter to master by itself.

Observing dissecting recomposing reinterpreting combining that the analytic way to learn to draw.

Okay, I get it now. Thank you again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about the quality of drawing sessions - by A. K. - 04-02-2024, 10:37 PM