Poyo's I wanna be good! Everyday Sketchbook
today I learned: hard light=hard shadows/hard edges/ big difference of value between lights and darks

soft light/soft shadows/soft edges/ less form/small difference of value between lights and darks

Soft light is still difficult, sometimes turns out too muddy

but I fixed general muddiness issues by separating lights and darks and not blending too much
Today I'm officially done with noses. It was pretty easy to draw the nose with value instead of lineart, must mean I am ready to move on.

all these from imagination. next up, lips and more photostudies to get better edge control. The scribbliness is crazy in these :/

today's lessons: proko (lips), Charles Hu (gnomon anatomy/head), vilppu (head)

edit: added photostudy (the nice one), and imagination sketch (the ugly one lol)

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poyo's I wanna be good! Everyday Sketchbook - by Pedro Cardoso - 06-27-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Poyo's I wanna be good! Everyday Sketchbook - by Pedro Cardoso - 07-01-2012, 08:09 AM
RE: Poyo's I wanna be good! Everyday Sketchbook - by Pedro Cardoso - 07-03-2012, 02:14 AM
RE: Poyo's I wanna be good! Everyday Sketchbook - by Pedro Cardoso - 07-03-2012, 03:17 AM
RE: Poyo's I wanna be good! Everyday Sketchbook - by poyo - 08-20-2013, 03:34 AM