Dave's sketchbook *ass kicking and love making*
Hey guys love seeing the amount of progress throughout keep it up everyone good things are happen when you have a goal and stick to it no matter what, seeing a ton of improvement!

So im still working on anatomy its a bitch and I keep wanting to move on to something else but damn personally I dont feel right studying value if i dont understand structure, or going at lighting when i dont understand value..etc. Its hard for me to study 3 things at once, kuz Im putting an emphasis on RETAINING what I am learning. So I started thinking about ways i can better understand and retain information and how I learned everything else I know like in school math english blah blah.. and I figured I learn a lot better and faster i guess when Im focused on one thing first and master it or at least understand it, and then move on to something else that kinda builds upon what I learned previously. That way i think ill be able to retain a lot better kuz Im forced to think about what I studied last month to improve on what im studying this month this sort of deal. Also repetition, repetition,repetition. It kinda made sense to me that when I didnt understand math, I had to study it and study it, and do the same scenario and mathematical equations over and over and over and over....and over, and thats how I learned. Once i understood the WHY and not the HOW, I moved on to a little harder math that challenged different aspects and points, and built on what I learned before, but had I not understood the previous, I woulnt get a full grasp of the following. Its like trying to run before I can walk. I learned through looking at examples, studying the examples, figuring out how x came to equal 10 in the examples and applying it to the problems in the book. (im just using math as an example kuz thats what I struggled with in school, I understand math and art are two different subjects, but for me the learning process is similar). idk if im correct in this conclusion or what but it makes sense to me and i drew kind of a parallel in learning math and learning art. But ya Idk if this is new to any of you, I know Im late to this revelation but ive been working on art the same way in hopes that Ill understand what I take in a little better. Idk what do you guys think? Let me know if you agree, disagree, or dont understand what im saying. I know everyone has different ways of learning and retaining information but i wanted to share this just in case this is clear to someone else who mabe doesnt know how to go about studying. Keep up the good work everyone!

Some studiiiiiies

Personal sketch I want to finish still working on applying anatomy

a doodle for shits

*He who says he can and he who says he cant are usually both correct*
blog
sketchbook
deviantart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dave's sketchbook *ass kicking and love making* - by kevin - 09-16-2012, 06:03 AM
RE: Dave's sketchbook *ass kicking and love making* - by DavidFisher - 09-30-2012, 02:10 AM
RE: Dave's sketchbook *ass kicking and love making* - by alexnegrea - 10-02-2012, 01:23 AM