Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Hey guys! Thanks a lot for the comments!
Well actually, don't worry, I know very well that skin tone gets very greenish/blueish underwater. I looked up for references and the first version of my mermaid was much blue/greener toned! But it was pretty lifeless and as I saw a few paintings done by amazing artists of mermaids where they don't bother with that (like Jason Chan) I thought I'd go for it, even though it's not "realistic". :)

Ursula, thank you, and I do notice (and hate it) that the faces I draw (especially the bottom left, which is the only one done without reference) are most of the times a little weird but I can't seem to make them right.. I should shrink it down a bit more I guess!

Lumens, thanks a lot but I'm not sure why you're talking about the sun refraction and caustic effect, as there's none used in the scene? Or not that I noticed/did on purpose.

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Nemome - 10-24-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by LaleAnn - 01-18-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM